health

Please Stop Drinking Hand Sanitizer, It Can Be Fatal.

By  | 

Although most hand sanitizers appear to contain alcohol, they can contain something much more deadly. So please don’t drink hand sanitizer.

In the United States, four people died in the last two months due to this situation, and 11 more were hospitalized for drinking contaminated hand sanitizer. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes the deaths are the result of disinfectants mixed with methyl alcohol, a type of alcohol toxic to humans.

Exposure to high amounts of methyl alcohol; can cause nausea, vomiting, headache, blurred vision, permanent blindness, paralysis, permanent damage to the nervous system, and death.

(Methyl alcohol poisoning gives the same symptoms as normal alcohol at first. These include nausea, vomiting, mild dizziness, heartburn.)

A report prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention between May 1st and June 30th; It was stated that 15 people were hospitalized for methyl alcohol poisoning. Six of the patients had seizures, three developed visual impairment, and four patients died.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has warned many times about the harms of methyl alcohol in some hand sanitizers sold throughout the country. In particular, keep hand sanitizer away from children, he warned that even without methyl alcohol, the solutions are harmful to them.

If you or someone you know has intentionally or accidentally swallowed hand sanitizer and is showing signs of methyl alcohol poisoning, go to the nearest hospital immediately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *